Thursday, May 8, 2008

Simply. Gorgeous.

What was I thinking? Or more aptly, why wasn't I thinking? I really can't be sure, but for whatever reason I didn't even consider Ireland as a potential place to have the wedding. In fact it never even entered my realm of possibilities. Never mind the fact that it will soon be my future home. Never mind that it is gorgeous and I just found the most amazing estate to get wed in....No, I wanted my hometown, Orlando. And while I must admit I still do love our venue, and realize that the logistics would probably not have worked out anyways—I can't help but be envious of this truly stunning location. One in which the immaculate grounds are nothing compared to the opulence of the exquisite interior details, nor the scrupulous attention paid to available activities (Falconry? Yes please). But all is not lost, perhaps this gorgeous castle will be the lovely backdrop for an anniversary, birthday, holiday, or ____(insert random excuse here) weekend. (*nudge nudge wink wink*) So without further ado, I present the breathtaking Ashford Castle.